Communications Officer (CO)
Overall Function of the Position
The Communications Officer (CO) will be responsible for the coordination of all communications activities of N-CARES Result Area 2 and STATE CARES COORDINATING OFFICE. He or she will oversee as well as coordinate activities concerning public awareness, enlightenment and communications for behavioral change on the RA2 by the beneficiaries and members of the public or targeted audience.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Responsible for day to day communications activities of CARES Result Area 2 and State Cares Coordinating Office
- Prepare the communications plans, timelines and budgets.
- Design and implement a communications strategy for Implementation of CARES Result Area 2in the State
- Liaise with the relevant channels and stakeholders for press releases, press conferences, interviews, lectures/talks etc.
- Production of relevant information(print and electronic) materials for distribution or
- broadcast to target audience.
- Identify modern and traditional channels of communication at community levels.
- Undertake any other responsibilities assigned by theSCC
Reporting and Location
The Position will be based in the State Cares Coordinating Office (SCCO)but will involve occasional travel to participating local government and communities. The Communications Officer(CO)will report directly to the SCC.
- First or higher degree in Journalism or Mass Communication, sociology, psychology or any of the Social sciences.
- Minimum of 5 – 10years’ cognate experience in Development communications or 7 years’ post- qualification experience in the print or electronic media, social mobilization, public relations or advertising.
- Fluency in the local languages within the state is an advantage.
- Good writing and oral communication skills as well as ability to organize events and functions. ·Demonstrated ability for teamwork.
- Computer literacy as an added advantage.
Details of the Contract