Community Development & Gender Officer
Overall Function of the Position:
The Community Development and Gender Officer (CD&GO) will be responsible for overseeing activities under the Capacity-building component of the RA2 within the State. He or she will coordinate activities concerning social mobilization, participatory appraisal training, and civil society involvement in the Project.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Contributes to the preparation of RA2 and SCCO Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWPB);
- Tailors guidelines of Community-Driven Development (CDD) approaches in the Mobilization and Implementation of RA2;
- Oversees and closely supervises the activities community facilitators, who will be providing assistance to Farmer Associations with Community Action Recovery Plans (CARPs).
- Coordinates and implements sensitization of community-driven development and gender issues at the Local Government level, carry out capacity building, training and sharing of experience at the community level;
- As necessary, provides guidance and information to the Local CARES Desk (LCDO) on the quality of CARPs, as well as equity issues in gender in local-level planning;
- Supervises Community Mobilization and Engagementactivities, Implementation of CARPs at Local Government Levels and ensures quality control.
- Ensures participation of women in the CARES Result Area 2 Program and takes corrective action in areas where this is not the case; and
- Provides implementation assistance as necessary
Reporting and Location:
The position will be based in the State CARES Coordinating Office (SCCO) in the State capital, but will involve frequent travel to participating Local Governments and communities. The CDO will report directly to the SCC.
- First or higher degree in Agriculture, Rural Sociology, Anthropology, Rural Development Duties & Gender, or related field. Persons with a first degree but with extensive relevant practical experience may also qualify;
- Minimum of 5 -10years post-qualification experience in local development, including direct field experience in social mobilization;
- Fluency in local advantage a major advantage;
- Managerial experience highly recommended; and
- Good communication and writing skills. Computer literacy an advantage.
Details of the Contract: