The overall Function of the Position
The Irrigation/Infrastructural Engineer will be responsible for providing guidance and support for the planning and implementation, monitoring and quality assurance of RA2 selected Agricultural infrastructure DLI in the State.
The duties and responsibilities of the Irrigation/Infrastructural Engineer will be as follows:
- Support producers and producer groups in setting up basic pre-processing and value addition infrastructure facilities.
- prepare technical reports and follow up records.
- Provide guidance during the construction and initial use of the systems
- Advise beneficiary farmers on maintenance of old irrigation systems.
- Facilitate recruitment of quality consultants for preparation of prototype designs
- Provide technical advice on engineering design and in preparation of bill of quantities (BOQ), tendering process, and supervision of infrastructure works,
- Review the detailed projects report (DPR) for precision and detail and provide feedback as necessary,
- support project cluster level engineer to prepare project monitoring formats and report with precision on progress of construction and utilization of funds under N-CARES RA2 in the State
- perform other ad-hoc duties as required.
Reporting and Location:
The position will be based in the SCCO, but may involve occasional travel to LGAs and communities. The Irrigation/Infrastructural Engineer will report to the SCC
Qualifications and Experience:
- Firstor Higher-Degree inAgricultural/Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of field experience proven experience in development projects is a strong asset.
- Good English language and computer skills
Details of the Contract: