Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
Overall Function of the Position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO) will be responsible for overseeing activities under the Project Management component of the Project which pertain to tracking and evaluating implementation performance.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Ensure that SCARES Management Information System (MIS) captures required data for the expected result and the state level in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (MES) and Management Information System Specialist (MISS) at the National CARES Coordinating Office (NCCO);
- Collection of data for overall RA2 monitoring beyond the data and reports required by IVA for submission to the SCCU.
- Work closely with the IVA for validation and cross checking of RA2 DLI data.
- Prepare and Produce RA2 progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) to the SCCU and NFCO.
- Conducts impact evaluation and beneficiary’s assessment;
- Produces and disseminates periodic progress reports
- Consolidates Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) reports for the State Cares Coordinating Unit (SCCU);
- Undertakes relevant studies and surveys as may be required;
- Updates the monitoring and evaluation indicators;
- Implements the M&E plan;
- Assists the State CARES Coordinator (SCC) in the preparation of Work Plan and Budget;
- Participate in the Planning Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) workshops and training for CARES implementing agencies in the State;
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the SCC.
Reporting and Location:
The position will be based in the SCCO/ other region in the State capital, but may involve frequent travel to participating local governments and communities. The MEO will report directly to the SCC.
- First or higher degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Statistics or other relevant degree;
- Minimum of 5 to 10years’ post-qualification experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation, especially, of externally assisted projects;
- Good communication and writing skills; and
- Competence in the use of standard computer software applications for statistical analysis.
Details of the Contract: