Overall Function of the Position:
The Procurement Officer (PO) will be responsible for the coordination of the procurement of goods, works and services financed under the RA2 at the State level.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Prepares the procurement plans for RA2;
- Responsible for day to day procurement activities at the State Cares Coordinating Office(SCCO)
- Updates and implements the Procurement Manual;
- Provides procurement advisory services to SCCO, SCCU and local level implementation agencies; and
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the State Cares Coordinator(SCC).
Reporting and Location:
The position will be based in the SCCO in the State capital, but may involve occasional travel to participating local governments and communities. The PO will report directly to the SCC.
- A first degree/HND in Engineering, Law, Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration or other relevant qualification, with relevant training in World Bank Group procurement guidelines and procedures;
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ post-qualification experience in procurement under externally assisted projects. Direct experience in World Bank-financed projects would be an asset;
- Demonstrated competence in procurement under externally assisted projects; ·Good communication and writing skills;
- Computer literacy.
Details of the Contract: