State Project Accountant
Overall Function of the Position:
The Project Accountant will be responsible for supporting the implementation units in deploying Project resources with due attention to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Produces timely and reliable financial reports as specified in the Financial Guidelines of the Project;
- Monitors compliance with budget ceilings in financial operations of the State Cares Coordinating Office(SCCO));
- Reviews and Monitors fund flow from RA2 to beneficiaries; ·
- Participates in the preparation of the annual work plan and budget;
- Consolidates the community and State level financial reports for the SCCU
- Follows up on fund releases from the funding partners; and
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the State Project -CARES Coordinator
Reporting and Location:
The position will be based in the SCCO in the State capital, but may involve occasional travel to participating local governments and communities. The PA will report directly to the SCC.
- A first degree/HND in Accounting, Finance, and other relevant qualification. Possession of a professional qualification is essential;
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years post-qualification experience in financial management, preferably of externally assisted projects;
- Ability to handle financial software
- ICAN/ ACCA, is an advantage: membership of a professional body.
- Ability to produce and interpret financial reports; ·Good communication and writing skills.
Details of the Contract: