The overall Functions of the Position:
The Technical Officer will be responsible providing guidance and support for the planning and implementation, monitoring and quality assurance of RA2 selected DLIs in the State.
The duties and responsibilities of the Technical Officer will be as follows:
- identify groups of potential beneficiaries eligible to participate in the project’s production-related activities.
- identify with the assistance of relevant specialists the technical assistance and training needs of producer groups/associations.
- coordinate the technical visits for project staff and prepare technical report for each visit.
- follow up the implementation of the technical assistance plan in the field during production, harvest and postharvest stages.
- Prepare technical reports and follow up records.
- Prepare guidelines to be used by extension workers.
- Advise on the best crop combinations and livestock that can be grown and reared,
- Review the detailed projects report (DPR) for precision and detail and provide feedback as necessary,
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required.
Reporting and Location:
The position will be based in the SCCO, but may involve occasional travel to LGAs and communities. The Technical Officer will report to the SCC
Qualifications and Experience:
- First or Higher-Degree agronomy/agricultural sciences, Livestock/Animal Science
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of field experience proven experience in development projects is a strong asset.
- Good English language and computer soft skills
- Team work
Details of the Contract: